Monday, July 6, 2009

Craft It Forward


Good times and goodies to be had!!
This is a simple idea that is basically like Pay It Forward.
If you love to randomly receive nuggets of goodness in
your mailbox from bloggers who make handy little crafts, than this is for you!
The rules are simple:
1. Make a groovy little comment to this post...such as: what fabulous thing did you do for the 4th of July, or what is your favorite handmade item to make with your own two hands. The first 3 sweeties to post and then Craft it Forward, meaning to commit to doing the same thing on their blog, will randomly receive a handmade goody from me. Please leave me a way to contact you, such as your email address and as soon as I see you've posted to your blog, I will get in touch and find out how to send you a bit of fun!!
2. Remember, it doesn't have to be a hand knit sweater, you're not committing yourself to 50 hours of labor to do this. Make something simple and sweet, no need to overwhelm yourself. Just have fun with it. I'm really looking forward to it, I think it's going to be fun and I have a few ideas in mind already! Hooray!
Hope to hear from you soon!!
Thank you, Handmade by Jess for the fun idea!!
BTW: Our 4th of July was fantastic. We have a traditional celebration every year. We go out to the lake and reserve a private area with swings, a stairway down to the dock and a ramada with picnic tables. We decorate it with fun red, white and blue decor and my mother always brings some festive buttons to pin on, as well as, groovy necklaces with stars. Everyone brings an abundance of food and fireworks. The kids swim in the lake (some of them fully clothed) and some remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel. Others go for a little row around the lake in the canoe (me and my husband and yes my arms are sore). We swing, play games, play music, chatter on with people we see about once a year and then when the sky begins to darken, we set off the fireworks, sparklers...anything we can light!! :D It's been a wonderful tradition that we all look forward to every year. This year turned out to be especially wonderful, because it rained all morning and cooled everything off. What a blessing!!
I'm rambling now! Hope to hear from you dearies, I can't wait to make something especially for you, it'll be soooo fun!!

Carrots

4 comments:

  1. Is this still open :-) I'd love to be in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does my play it forward count as posting this as is pretty much the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello friend,
    I haven't blogged in quite a bit, life has been rather busy! But if you would like to do this, then let's do it. I think it would be a lot of fun! I am going to work on posting again! Thanks for asking! Woot woot!
    Carrots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, let me know when you've posted this to your blog, I'd love to hear how it goes! And you can send me a mailing address to my email at carrotpoop@gmail.com and I will send you a little goodie as soon as possible! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete