Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cat Tales


This is Foo Foo Kitty. He is our indoor/outdoor cat, sometimes he can't make up his mind where he wants to be. We raised him from a wee kitty, even bottle fed him every few hours. We love him to pieces, even though he is fairly odd. My daughter and I have a theory about him. We're pretty certain, he was meandering through the woods one day (in human form) and happened upon a grumpy witch, who then cursed him and turned him into a cat, until by some off chance we can come up with the right words to say to turn him back. We believe he does the odd things he does, because he is desperately trying to communicate with us and give us some sort of sign.

He does a lot of non-catlike things and many human type things. He's klutzy, misses furniture entirely when jumping for it, he plays the piano, loves to go swimming......in fact, he loves water.
He will stand in the sink while I'm trying to do dishes, sit in the shower while we're in it and he plays with his water. He has a water dish, which we try to keep filled, but that never seems to be what he wants. He prefers water straight from the tap. He knows how to push the button on the Culligan machine and he gets up on the sink for a drink. In the mornings, while my hub gets ready for work, Foo Foo keeps him company and my hub puts a bit of water in the bathroom sink for him. Last night my daughter came home and saw the cat drinking out of the toilet. She thought that was gross, so she put a bit of water in the sink and came in to say hello. Apparently, he's been paying attention....while she was out of the room, Foo Foo decided just one sink wasn't enough, so he figured out how to turn on all of the faucets....FULL BLAST!! In a matter of minutes, that adds up to a very large amount of water. When she returned to brush her teeth, the bathroom had become Niagara Falls. We have three drawers. The first one filled with water, then overflowed into the next, then the next one. There was about an inch of water on the floor. Every towel in the house had to be used to mop it all up. And the cat, nowhere to be found, he magically disappeared for the evening. I did see him once today, but I think he's feeling a bit guilty or maybe he thinks it's really funny and doesn't want me to see him laughing.

The moral to my story:
Don't let your cat see you turn on the faucet, he's smarter than you think!

4 comments:

  1. I just happened to come across a pic of me as a toddler squeezing the little guts out of a tabby kitten (I'm pretty much a kitty lover since birth).

    My furball (Cooper, as you know) likes to drink from the faucet and his persnickety things. But turning on faucets? That takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes a great bedtime story! It will give a person funny, happy cat dreams! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too funny! I have heard of cats liking to drink from the faucet, but turning them on, that is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a blog post! I want a blog post! I want a blog post! Whatcha up to, Carrot Poops?

    ReplyDelete