Monday, June 29, 2009

A Good Day!



Yesterday was a good day!




1. I took my boys to go visit their friends for the week, they'll come back Friday. Their leaving isn't what makes it good, I just enjoyed the 2 hour drive with them, they're really funny and I am happy they get to go hang out with good friends, they need that.




2. I went to the library for a presentation by a friend of mine on How to Illustrate A Children's Book. It was awesome and inspiring and reminded me that I truly desire to achieve that in my lifetime. Tim Raglin is the author/illustrator of several books, including one of my faves... Uncle Mugsy and the Terrible Twins of Christmas. His illustrations are phenomenal. You can check him out at timraglin.com. He rocks!




3. I got to go hang out with my friend Jackie, who is also rather inspiring and is always working on some amazing art project. She is the one with the fantastic blocks. I love them and she has designed a new set. We had a great time chatting, oh and she's the one who made the supremely, divine chocolate cake....yum, yum!




4. I came home and got to hang out with my daughter and chat with her about various happenings in our day and wedding plans for the future. It was lovely to spend time with her, these days it's a rare treat. I thoroughly enjoy her company and miss the days of her reading to me, while I knit some random item. Each moment with her is cherished.




5. And lastly, Marie called me. We haven't had time to chat lately, so it was a wonderful surprise to see her number pop up on my caller i.d. yay! As always, she makes me laugh and encourages me in everything. Friends are a true blessing. What would we do without them??




Hope you have a truly inspired and lovely day!


Carrots with a cherry on top!!

3 comments:

  1. Yippeee! Great day! Love you to pieces, Carrot Poopies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you get to talk to or see a good friend? I just got to see a longtime friend of mine on Sunday. It was only for about 6 hours, but it was more time spent together than we had for quite a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how old friends, or new ones that feel like we've been friends for eons, seem to recharge us when we talk or get together.

    ReplyDelete