Monday, June 22, 2009

A Glimpse



Where have I been all these weeks, you might be asking. Busy, busy, busy! I hate to say it, but when I get that busy, all things fall to the wayside. Including, my exercise and watching what I eat. Oh woe is me. Tis a sad, sad thing. I've talked to Marie, who as you may know, is rather encouraging and came to the realization that it's okay and I can start blogging again, and my absence will be forgiven.
My apologies, I hate to let anyone down or disappoint, and I fear my lack of diet and exercise has added a couple of pounds to my mid-section. When I say, woe is me, I really mean WHOA!!! Especially, every time I get a glimpse of myself in the mirror. There is far more of me than I want to see. So, dearies....it's time to get back on track, or I simply won't be able to live with myself. I exercised this morning and I intend to really pay attention to all that enters my mouth, no more darn Jalapeno Cheetos, (I'm pretty sure they have 5 million calories) no more chocolate chip cookies, more water and less diet soda. I didn't post my current weight, humiliations galore...I hope you'll forgive me. How about I work hard this week, and I will for sure post my weight, next Monday. :)
As for, where have I been....my husband and a couple of friends of ours are getting ready to open a Youth Coffeehouse/Venue, everyday has been a whirlwind, mostly in paint for me. The pictures I posted are of a couple of the walls we painted. The walls are 14 feet high, so they take time and you'd think all the up and down on the ladder would've been good exercise, but a bad diet didn't help. Busyness is truly a deterrent for getting in shape. I tend to allow everything else to become more important. No more, I say. The time has come!
My apologies for my extreme absence,
Have a most pleasant day!!

Chunks of Carrots

4 comments:

  1. Um, how about the walls YOU painted, girlfriend!! I know your work like the back of my hand and those paintings are you, you, YOU! You rock it, chickie! Keep up the great work, my talented friend. Don't worry about the blogging or the diet stuff- sheesh. We're all just people, and we all do the same thing (about a zillion times). We're here to cheer you on. Got it? Got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, you've returned!! So glad to see you back. Real life stuff always is more important than blogging, notice I said more important not more fun. Hope all is well with you...I thought about starting the couch to 5k running program, but all I've done so far is save the page to my favorites...at least my brain is getting excercise right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The walls look beautiful! You are very talented!

    As for your mid-section, I know the feeling... You just have to give yourself a break and turn the page to a new day! I think you are very brave for even blogging about it at all and posting weights! You can get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dearies! I appreciate the encouragment and support, I definitely need it. It's hard to break life long, crummy habits and become something I've only dreamed of! :I

    ReplyDelete