Wednesday, May 13, 2009

40 Things For The Year I'm 40.


I promised to post this on my birthday, so here it is. I will print this and hang it where I can be reminded of it daily. As I accomplish the items, I will check them off and let you know I've done it...hooray! I don't think it really matters how old you are, sometimes just getting things down on paper is really helpful.
These are not in any sort of order, just written in the order I thought of them.
I'm excited, I think I'm going to like 40.

1. Lose 40 pounds, (of course, I had to put that in there)
2. Develop a better Attitude of Gratitude (this needs work)
3. Find and try at least one new healthy meal for each week (picky proof)
4. Become more organized, less cluttered..simplify.(this seems to be a lifelong goal)
5. Finish my U.F.O's, they're taking over.
6. Publish or sell some of my artwork. (I'm a chicken in this area)
7. Do some form of exercise everyday, on purpose.(couch to kitchen, doesn't count)
8. Take an unexpected fun trip.
9. Karaoke, without caring what anyone thinks. (Be brave, little Piglet)
10. Plant a successful Pumpkin Patch
11. Wear more skirts, fun, flowy, summery skirts.
12. Give people your full attention when they're talking to you.
13. Be more gracious towards others.
14. Love unconditionally.
15. Get to a point of walking 3 miles a day.
16. Read 10 really great books.
17. Knit a fun, cotton summer top.
18. Call, write or visit family and friends more often.
19. Be more spontaneous, you don't have to plan everything out on paper.
20. Put up goat fences and finally get goats and chickens.
21. Grow sunflowers.
22. Fly a kite.
23. Laugh a lot.
24. Get a massage.
25. Learn to belly dance.
26. Go for bike rides with your family.
27. Inspire others.
28. Add some low-lights to your hair, just for fun.
29. Stop procrastinating, just do it.
30. Go on more field trips.
31. Paint a large picture for sitting room. (stop making excuses):P
32. Plan and take a trip with hubby to Ireland. (you only live once)
33. Wear Levi 501 button up jeans again, I love those jeans.
34. Skip (this will be better when there's less of you to bounce)
35. Play jump rope (see 34)
36. Paint your fingernails more often.
37. Help plan and prepare for your daughter's wedding, it's going to be amazing.
38. Think less, Do more.
39. Create a bunny haven for Twidget and Toodles, complete with flower maze.
40. Enjoy every day, every moment, stop thinking about what's next and focus on what's now!

1 comment: