Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Picky?


Have you ever noticed that the word Picky is typically associated with children? Don't children become adults? Where have all the once Picky Children gone? Am I alone in my freakish dislike for funky textures and fears that with a name like Asparagus, it can't possibly taste good? I'm not sure where this pickyness came from, both of my parents eat healthy foods, my mother is an excellent cook, who always served well balanced, made from scratch meals.
I am determined to try new foods, healthy foods, I know I can do it.

After browsing through several sites and finding that most everything is geared toward picky little tots, toddlers and kids, I finally found a site that I think is going to suit me quite nicely.
http://allrecipes.com
If you've never checked out this site, I encourage you to do so. It's quite fantastic. You can type in ingredients you want and don't want, find a recipe for just about anything and the rating it received, as well as, the nutritional value of the recipe, ie: calories, fat grams, fiber, etc. Also, if the recipe is set for 2 people and you are feeding 8, it will calculate the measurements for you. Wowee!!
It's definitely a very well organized site and from what I've seen so far, I'm quite impressed and looking forward to checking out a few new recipes. I am in need of a good grocery shopping, so I will start by picking out a few new recipes, so I can be sure to put the ingredients on my list. Oh, happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment