Monday, May 4, 2009

An Attitude of Gratitude


This week's challenge for you dearies, and for myself, is to begin keeping a Gratitude Journal. I have been reading a book called, Thanks! by Robert A. Emmons, Ph.D., and I have thoroughly enjoyed this book.
To have a grateful outlook on life, has some serious health benefits, and actually leads to a longer more fulfilled life.
This is a concept that I think most people already know, but it's so easy to get caught up in our lives and get frustrated and spend more time complaining or worrying than looking at the all of the positives and blessings we have. At least, I know this is definitely true for me.
So, my challenge this week is to spend more time reflecting on the positives and truly appreciating what I have, rather than focusing on what I don't have, or comparing myself to the world and wishing I had longer, leaner legs, or a nice tight, firm butt. :)
Don't worry, it doesn't mean I'm giving up on the exercise and healthier eating, I'm just going to have a better attitude about it.
Keep your journal entries simple, I know there are days when it's difficult to feel grateful (hopefully this isn't often), but something as simple as, I am grateful for our tree swing, the rope is long and so it makes the ride very smooth and it's a wonderful place to sit or swing, when I just want a moment to myself or feel the breeze in my hair.
I am planning to continue this challenge, I feel it will be beneficial in all ways.
Have a beautiful day!! :D

Swinging Carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment