Friday, May 15, 2009

Inspired



Have you ever played blocks with your children, or even by yourself?
You probably recall the wooden block set, that was filled with squares,
rectangles, arches and pillars. I loved playing with blocks, building
all sorts of cool places, but I have to say I had always wished there
was a bit more to them.
My friend Jackie is an amazing and inspiring artist. I love all that she
creates. It's unique and whimsical and a lot of times, three-dimensional.
She has created a fantastic set of blocks that has a picture on every side.
Sometimes it's a staircase or a detailed window or a plant. No matter
which way you turn the blocks, there is something there. They are
magnificent.It makes me want to sit on the floor and create wonderful
houses. The possibilities are endless.
If you would like to check out her site and see all of her wonderful
creations, this is her web address:
http://www.jacquelinehaltom.com/Site/index.html
Enjoy perusing her site and get inspired from the imaginative,
creative way she works with paper, ink, and any sort of three-dimensional
item she can find.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Carrots

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous, wow! I guess doodling on the blocks isn't so bad. I used to tell me kids to stop coloring them. :)

    ReplyDelete