Wednesday, April 22, 2009

40's and Frogs


With my 40th birthday right around the corner, I was thinking about my first post.
I realized I don't need to quickly accomplish everything before I turn 40. I will be 40 for an entire year. Plenty of time to accomplish many things, right?
I have decided I will begin making a list of all of the things I have hoped, dreamed and maybe just wanted to do. It will be a list of 40 things for the year I am 40. Anything from taking a long desired trip to finishing a 10 year quilt. (real desires) I am going to post this list on my birthday and keep a copy of it on my fridge, so I can see it everyday. I'm excited about this, I think it will be a lot of fun to see what I can do in a year. Including, lose 40 lbs. :) yay!!


Frogging! I was searching for a picture I could post of me and my entire body for the "before picture". Apparently, I make it very clear to only take photos of me from the neck up. No such entire body shots were found. But, I did find this picture. (above) To finish my Square Granny bag, I needed more yarn for a handle and I found this unfinished sweater that has been in my knitting basket for who knows how long. I am thinking, I really need to stop making things only half way. I really should set out to finish what I start, and quit starting new projects while I'm in the midst of other lovely projects. I really liked this sweater, but somehow got sidetracked and forgot all about it. I think I may put this in my 40 list....finish what you start and that includes all UFO's!

3 comments:

  1. My goal when I turn 40 is to go to ComicCon in San Diego. Yes, I am a big ole geek, and I DON'T CARE! Hotties like Hugh Jackman and the boys from Supernatural go to ComicCon, and I want to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing your list, girlfriend! Maybe I can join you for a few of those adventures. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is ComicCon, I've never heard of it? San Diego is nice, lots to do and see there.

    Absolutely, you are invited on my adventures with me. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete