Monday, April 20, 2009

My Square Granny: Done


I finished it at last, and now I'm wishing I hadn't given myself a deadline and wished I had taken more time to do a nicer job on it...oh well! Maybe I'll pull out parts and redo it, but surely this won't happen, especially with a million or so UFO's in various places, waiting for me to finish them. Next time, I won't stress myself by trying to be crafty in a limited amount of time. I tend to make things up as I go, and it would've been okay, if it had all worked the way I saw it in my head, but things rarely seem to work that way. Anyway, I did go ahead and take a picture of my
sad, finished product. Fortunately, I had not planned it to be a gift or anything.... Maybe I should've stuck with a simple afghan! :0
Have a splendid day!
Hope your projects are going well!

5 comments:

  1. Turned out super cute! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what your concern is...looks cute to me. I probably had one just like it in 1973!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your bag looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm not a crocheter (?) but you're bag looks great to me! How cute would this be in pastels and a bit smaller for little girls? Sorry with 3 girls I'm always looking to see how I could make things work for them too. I say press on, what's the next project?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Thanks! Really though, if you saw it in person you'd see the flaws. I will still use it, I'm kind of a bag lady. I have all of my projects shoved into various bags here and there. I may line it with fabric and carry it around, flaws or not. :0 I think pastel would be cute and maybe do just 4 squares, like you said, Jess. Maybe even crochet the handle too, instead of knit. I might give it a whirl. My next project, well, I need to finish my sweater, I'd like to have it for Fall, and I am working on a quilt. :)

    Carrots

    ReplyDelete