Friday, April 10, 2009

On the Road to 40


So, this is my first post, on my first ever blog.... go me!

Recently, I've been a bit distressed about the upcoming big 4 - 0. Not because I have an issue with turning 40, but because I feel somehow, that I've not arrived, the way I thought I should have by this point. And the biggest area of concern is my lack of being a bit thinner. At the beginning of this year, I set a fantastic of goal of losing 40 lbs. by my birthday....um, yea...I am pretty sure I haven't even lost 40 ounces. I had quite hoped to be 40 and Fabulous, not 40 and Fatty. Darn!!
So, my goal now is to blog this journey of changing habits to become a better, more fit and hopefully fabulous me. In doing this, I truly desire to inspire others along the way.

My dearest friend Marie, is going to be my cheerleader/recipe helper. Now here's the challenging, fun, tricky part. I am truly one of the pickiest people she knows. (Note from Marie: True dat.) And because Marie loves a good challenge, she's going to come up with healthy, tasty and low-fat meals, that yes, even I would eat. Even if it means she has to stick the veggies in a blender and add ice-cream. (Not kidding, it's like trying to feed a finicky toddler)

On a bit of a side note, I will also add in My Daily Groove, which will consist of whatever creative, thrifty, artistic, interesting or otherwise mentionable topic that strikes my fancy.
Marie and I will be adding a weekly post, trading off every other Friday, called T.G.I.F. (Tips, Goodies, Inspiration and Frugalness) Watch for these weekly nuggets of goodness.

I hope to blog daily... Mon-Fri. with weekends off, (unless I get a wild hair) for a bit of time to re-think my life. ;) Thank you so much for taking time out of your life to spend a moment with me.
~Carrots :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to finally meet that smiling girl that has carrot earrings! I can't believe that you'll be 40 this year. First I must say, you look 20-ish in your picture, and that smile just says I love my life, or you love carrots growing off your body. Whichever, I can't wait to get to know you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! Truly appreciated. I hope you will join me on my journey and along the way you too will be inspired. It must have been a trick of the camera, but yes, I do love life and all the beauty that's in it. I find smiling and laughing as often as possible to be good medicine. I hope to get to know you too!

    ReplyDelete