Wednesday, April 15, 2009

To Eat or Not to Eat


Do you ever think, I did my exercises and walked, so I really deserve this slice of cake? If so, STOP!!! Step away from the cake, or brownies, or ice-cream. This is something I do, too. It's so easy to want to reward myself for doing well all day, now it's time for something yummy and oh so fattening. I read an article yesterday, that basically said, when you go for about a 30 min. walk, you will burn about 200 calories, which is great, but unfortunately eating that cake is going to put all those calories back on my tush. And it won't take me 30 minutes to eat it, and I'll probably get up and go back for another one. My solution: walk more, don't make fattening goodies that know my name. :) I also have found that night time is my munchie time, so I aim to find healthier, less calorie snacks that I can munch on, so I don't undo all that I did that day.

1 comment:

  1. How about if you were to remove items from your house that you have the biggest weakness for? If they aren't available, then it's harder to munch on them, right? I think you are right about having a plan. Seems like if you had some low fat healthy snacks ready and waiting, then you'd have something to munch on when the mood strike. I'm going to email you some healthy snack recipes to add to your blog (if you want) this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete