Monday, April 20, 2009

Hey There Sugar!


I am starting a weekly challenge. I know for me, I like a good challenge and tend to do better knowing I have some short term goals that seem fairly achievable. I will post this every Monday, so you will have the whole week to work on it. These will not be limited to foods, or exercise, some will be for your mind and soul. Nothing too heavy (haha) just something different to add to your daily life and hopefully inspire you to try something new or give you new perspective.

This week's challenge is: Give up one food habit that you feel is unhealthy for you.
Examples: Munching at midnight, eating while reading, having meals in front of the T.V., etc.
These are all things I have a tendency to do.

I will be giving up coffee, not entirely, but no more than once a day. I tend to go for it while I am reading, knitting, quilting...pretty much anything I am doing while sitting on my tush! It wouldn't be so bad, except that I put in a lot of sugar and creamer...kind of like a dessert in a cup. I feel this added dose of sugar at various times of the day is probably not helping me much. I will replace that desire for coffee, with a glass of water...maybe with a twist of lemon.


I'd love to hear what you are hoping to give up or change this week. You can do it! :)

P.S. I still haven't had any chocolate...can you believe it? Amazing what you can achieve when you put your mind to it. yippee!!

3 comments:

  1. My goal for last week was just to write down what I have been eating.... my new goal for this week is similar to yours...not so much soda...drink more water

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! I am not giving it up entirely, I still have a cup in the morning. I've just realized I really need more water and I think less coffee would help.
    Good job Sally, I hope it's going well for you this week. It's especially hard to give up something you love and have been doing for a long time. I tend to naturally just grab the item and eat/drink it before I've even considered what I'm doing! :(

    ReplyDelete