Friday, April 24, 2009

No Bikini's Allowed


Today is the T.G.I.F. and it's Marie's turn, but sadly she was called away on an emergency trip. I don't think she'll have time to post, so I thought I'd fill in. Because I am not totally prepared for this....should have thought ahead, I am going to tell you a story, that will hopefully be a good TIP for you or at least make you smile!!

A couple of years ago, I decided to take a very part-time job at the library, as a Page. I was the one who put away all of the returned books...I loved this job, mostly because I love books and I got to see everything available. Anyway! When putting away books, it's a lot of squatting up and down, bottom shelf, top shelf and so on. I had very recently (before starting this job) purchased a few sassy pairs of bikini underwear. Cute underwear makes me happy, I don't know why! So, I'm putting away books, la-ti-da and going along, no big deal right? I get to the front of the library and I have a large stack of paperbacks to put away, up and down, up and down. Finally, I reach the end of my stack, stand up straight, and holy moly...my fabulous bikini underwear is in a nice roll, no longer on my hiney, but now directly under it, resting at the bottom of my cheeks. Recall, if you will, I was at the very front of the library, the bathrooms were all the way in the back....people in between. There is nothing sexy about a wad of bikini underwear resting snugly under your bum. I decided then and there, that this would be a good time to sidle. Feeling like a Secret Agent on a mission, I kept the wall at my back and looked cautiously around, til I finally made it to the bathroom. No one was the wiser. (I think, I hope!)

Tip for the day:
Squatting and bikini underwear, don't mix. Maybe when I'm thinner this won't be the case, I may give it a whirl, but for now I am back to Industrial Sized Underwear.

Have a truly pleasant weekend. Enjoy a lovely stroll, if weather permits!
That's where I'm headed!

Carrots in Big Underwear :D

5 comments:

  1. I can see you trying to sneak along the wall dodging all inquiries of where things are located in order to make it to the bathroom to relocate your undies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thee to Mission: Impossible is now floating through my brain...

    Thank you for the good tip! It's one every lady can definitely use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really was laughing out loud at this post, mostly because I have been in a similar situation! I am an itinerant teacher and constantly in and out of school buildings. I have these silky/nylon/spandexy type underwear that are *supposed* to be no panty lines.... Well, they are all fine and dandy if you wear them with jeans or khaki type pants. But, if you put them on with a pair of dress slacks and walk across a large school parking lot, they will also end up in a bunch at the bottom of your bum. That only happened twice and now I know not to mix the two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I have to say, I am not into publicly being the center of attention, especially in a humiliating way. Although I was quite mortified and did all I can to avoid being noticed, I was cracking up at the thought that my girlfriends would be rather amused. I'm glad I am not the only one who has had this problem, it's good to know others can relate! :D

    ReplyDelete