Thursday, April 16, 2009

Public Display of Shoes

I mentioned my cruddy shoes the other day. Here they are...actually they don't look nearly as shabby as I imagined. But I do still plan to get a new pair. Besides, it's good to have a cruddy pair, I need them for painting, working outside and my muddy, backroad walks.
I did get out and walk yesterday, and not just for a half an hour. I managed to get in a good two hours of walking. Out in public, in these shoes. And nobody seemed to notice or care. Honestly, I don't mind either, but I need a good, inspiring goal and a bit more support for my tootsies would be nice.
Speaking of my tootsies, did you happen to notice how small they are? While visiting my friend the other day, she happened to look at them and in wonder asked, "How they can hold me up?" I've often wondered the same thing. They're tiny. My daughter says I have "fairy feet". They're a whopping size 4. I don't get hand me downs, I get hand me ups, from my friends children!! Come to think of it, my poor little feet are having to work pretty darn hard.
Small feet + Chunky chick = Overworked Tootsies
I think I know what my next 5 pound goal will be (after the shoes, of course). I will pamper my feet. Foot massage, lotions, a new groovy toe ring, fresh paint on the toes (possibly with cute little flowers) ahhhh, maybe I'll swap my goals. It's sounding pretty good right now. My feet are a little sore from all that walking yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea!!! Definitely pamper those little piggies. They deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I hope to find something fun and groovy.

    ReplyDelete