Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Instant Gratification


I think it's very important to set short term goals, as well as long term goals. If you're anything like me, you probably need to see some sort of light at the end of the tunnel, to get you through the day. I find that it's much easier to be excited about my journey, if there are going to be nuggets of goodness throughout. I failed to mention yesterday, my overall weight goal. I hope to be at 120 lbs., although less than that would suit me just fine. And I am truly hoping that once I get to that point, a few more pounds won't seem so overwhelming and daunting. I have decided to break up this journey into 5 pound chunks. For every 5 pounds I drop I would like to reward
myself. I am really in need of a good pair of walking shoes. I will take a picture today of the ones I have and you'll see what I mean. They're not fit for public display. I only wear them on the back roads of my life.
Today is a beautiful day, the rain has paused for the moment and it's a bit foggy/misty out. I love it! My goal is to put on my cruddy shoes and walk at least a mile, although I may bust out and walk two....pennance for all the chocolate I ate yesterday! Back on track, my first 5 pound goal, is a new pair of walking shoes. Something to look forward to and hopefully fairly soon!

I did manage to drink more water yesterday, and I did a 10 minute workout and even got off the couch to snag my own chocolate. Aren't you proud? :)

It's a new day, a beautiful day and I know it's going to be a better day!

I hope it will be fantastic for you, too.
p.s.
I will try to remember to add some fruit to my day...I think I may have some frozen fruits and bananas that I can pop in the blender for an, after my long walk, smoothie. So many new, good habits to remember. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment