Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy As A Lark


On Saturday, I got outside and push mowed my little heart out. It was nice to look around and see that I'd accomplished something. Whew, it is work though, our push mower is a little choppy, so it doesn't do the greatest job and the lack of height makes pushing it around a bit tricky. (you know, leverage and all that)
My husband had gone to town, in search of a riding mower to purchase. About 4 hours later he showed up with the most awesome mower. It's like the Porsche of riding mowers. I was beyond ecstatic!! It has gizmo's and gadgets all over the place, lots of buttons, it might take me a few tries to figure out what they all do. Cruise control, can you believe it, a mower with cruise control and a cup holder. How fancy is that? I immediately shoved aside the push mower, hopped on that baby and gave it a whirl. It purrs like a kitten and mows like a dream. I mowed our large field in no time, with a constant smile plastered on my face. Ahhh, heaven. It's a beautiful thing!! If you've never taken a plush riding mower for a spin, I highly recommend it. You'll be hooked (okay maybe it's just me) but it is somewhat satisfying, to look back at your nicely mowed lawn and know that it will stay that way, for at least a few days.
It has rained almost constantly since that exhilarating ride, so I am anxiously anticipating the moment when girl and mower can reunite. Happy, happy!

Carrots on Wheels

No comments:

Post a Comment